View Post

Taking Back Your Bar: Settlement Agreement Termination

In Hospitality by Richard BiancoLeave a Comment

Many DC bars have settlement agreements with their ANC, so-called citizens’ associations, or
gangs of local NIMBYers. These agreements can restrict hours, operations and create onerous
standards as a condition of liquor licenses. What many owners don’t know, is that SA’s don’t
have to be forever. After four (4) years, if you follow the procedure, you can petition the Board
to terminate or modify your SA.